Data Protection Lawyer
You want to join a purpose‐driven team, go beyond mere compliance paperwork and have what it takes to enforce the GDPR? Then apply for a position in our legal team!
Join our Legal Team!
noyb’s team is constantly growing. Currently we are about 20 people and are looking for GDPR lawyers from all over Europe. If you want to join a purpose-driven team, go beyond mere compliance paperwork, have what it takes to enforce the GDPR and build strategic litigation— then get in contact with us today!
Find out more about the open positions, how we work and what applicants we are looking for in this video:
Do you know the GDPR well enough?
Try our anonymous 5 minute self-assessment!
At noyb we are working with the GDPR and its legal technicalities on a daily basis - oftentimes in a more detailed way than in many other GDPR jobs. This short anonymous self-assessment can give you an objective idea on your current state of GDPR knowledge and gives you a bit of insight on the topics that keep us busy on the daily.
Detailed job offer
You can find the detailed job offer as a PDF here.
We are currently looking for:
* Austrian law requires to post a minimum salary (per 40h/week). Considerably higher amounts are possible, depending on qualifications.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to shape the future of the GDPR all the way to the EDPB and the CJEU.
- The freedom to choose your own enforcement projects according to your own field of expertise and interests.
- A progressive, yet academic and realistic approach to strategic litigation and the interpretation of GDPR.
- Modern and self‐determined working conditons, including flexible locations (min. 75% office presence) and the option to choose your weekly hours (between 25 ‐ 40 hours) and support in case of external obligations.
- Regular EU travels for meetings, conferences, litigation.
- A friendly pan‐European work environment in our newly renovated and spacious office.
- A diverse and inclusive team (age, geography, gender,languages, etc.): Our current permanent team has for example ties in Austria, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Finland, Canada, Poland and Lithuania and is aged 18 to 55
- Lunch allowance and an annual ticket for public transportation in Vienna. We are also happy to support relevant external trainings.
- We are happy to provide practical and financial support for your relocation to Vienna.
- Law degree
- Litigation or enforcement experience (e.g. at an DPA, in‐house, law firm, NGO or alike)
- In‐depth knowledge of the GDPR and its enforcement (beyond mere compliance, consultancy or policy work)
- Excellent legal English
- Basic IT knowledge
- Relocation to Vienna
Additional qualifications (not required but helpful)
- Additional EU/EEA language skills
- Qualified lawyer in an EU/EEA jurisdiction
- Specific IT knowledge (programming, etc.)
- Previous experience in the private or public sector
noyb is a European NGO focused on strategic, innovative, and effective enforcement of wilful privacy violations by private actors across the European market. We work together with national institutions in the consumer, privacy, and tech sectors. Our team consists of about 20 team members from across Europe. More than 5,000 noyb supporting members and institutional supporters ensure a long‐term and stable environment. To find out more about the concept of noyb please check out our initial concept paper or check our annual report.
Vienna (pop. 2m) is not only located in the center of Europe and known as a cultural and historical hotspot, but it is also continuously rated the most liveable city in the world. As the headquarters of many international organizations (like the UN, OSCE, FRA and OPEC) are located here, Vienna also offers a vibrant and international atmosphere.
If what you just read sounds appealing to you, we would be happy to hear from you at email@example.com.
We are happy to also just informally answer any questions you may have. If you want to apply right away, please add:
- Cover letter detailing your motivation to apply
- Curriculum Vitae
We get back to you as quickly as possible to schedule a video interview. If the first interview works well for both, we usually invite applicants to informally visit us in Vienna for one or two days to get to know the office, our work and colleagues.
Please find the data protection notice for applicants here.